WELCOME Back inside - we missed you!
Need support during your children's school days / week? The Y is here to help!
During the Y's new program - Y-Kids Learners Camp, students ages 4 - 6th grade will have the opportunity of having a safe place to be when not in school - playing, making friends, swimming along with homework help and literacy time all while at the Y!
We’ve extended summer camp into the school year – SUPER fun!
We have prepared to have camp available on an "as needed" basis. If you are in need of camp care, please PREREGISTER online so we can staff accordingly.
1) If you do not need camp next or the following week, please change your registration inquiries
2) Anyone currently registered will not see any changes in their charges new registrants should choose the after-school rate
1) Please read all information on this page to stay updated!!
2) New registrants should choose the "After-school" rate
Campers will be divided into pods according to age, school district of origin & arrival time. When children are spaced more than six feet apart or are physically active, face coverings are not required. When indoors or when physical distancing is not possible, face coverings are required.
Programming includes: homework help & literacy time, swimming at least twice weekly and outdoor games and activities. The tradition of Campfire Wednesday will continue throughout the school year unless temperatures are below 10 degrees.
Morning programming will consist of virtual learning and homework time. Our staff has undergone training to help with virtual learning.
Full day, 1/2 day, and afterschool activity will be outdoor based throughout the school year, although the Homebase for each group will change with the seasons. Initially, campers will make use of the tents outside of the YMCA that were utilized by the summer camp program and will migrate indoors to the YMCA as needed. While outdoors, participants will make use of the created playscape on the tennis courts, play Nine Square in the Air, gaga ball, hike and learn new outdoor games. Campers can look forward to snowshoeing, sledding and other UP outdoor adventures during the winter season in addition to their weekly programming.
Thank you to the Menominee School District for providing the after-school snacks!
Upon arrival, all participants of the Y-Kids Learners Camps will be screened for wellness, including a brief questionnaire and temperature check.
Please note there are specific drop-off times for full-day and 1/2 day campers. Campers can be dropped off at the back of the Y, adjacent to the Outback building.
Drop-off for all-day camp is from 7:45 to 8:00 am, and pick-up is between 5:00 and 5:30 pm. We do not have staff available to monitor the drop-off/pick-up circle outside of these times. If you arrive late for drop-off or early for pick-up, plan to be patient. We will do our best to accommodate requests for specific times if you arrange them with us in advance.
· Drop-off for after-school camp is between 3:00 and 3:30 pm. Pick-up times are the same as full-day camp, from 5:00 to 5:30 pm.
Pick-up for full, 1/2 day and afterschool participants will be located in the same area, at the back of the Y, adjacent to the Outback building, in the drop-off/pick-up circle from between 5:00 and 5:30 pm with parents remaining in their vehicles at drop off & pickup. We will use walkie-talkies to communicate between pods that a parent is there to pick up. If anyone is picked up prior to that time, they will need to wait while their child is sent to the pick-up point.
Weather appropriate clothes to be outside no matter what the temp, rain, snow, shine.
- Water bottle
- Clean, fitted, face covering
- Swimming suit
- Healthy Lunch
- Healthy snacks if hungrier than what we're providing for snack
- Electronic devices to do virtual work if possible
- Printed class schedule and in their folder every day, an electronic device for virtual work, a charger, and any applicable passwords.
We're thankful to be partnering again with the DAR Boys and Girls Club! Westlund Busing will be providing transportation, but pick up locations are limited, please see below:
Y-Kids Learners Camp offered at the YMCA – 1600 West Dr. Menominee MI 49858:
Learners Camp Full Day Option
GP- $300 / week
Learners Camp - ½ Day Option
Learners Camp - Afterschool Option
M - $50/wk GP - $140 /wk
Automatic billing will be set up to draft from your credit card or bank account when registering. Weekly will be drafted automatically the Friday before the week of participation, unless notification is provided in advance that your child will not be present the following week. Scholarships are available on our website, www.mmymca.org.
Registration is done only online, and takes about 1 hr to complete per child. Access the registration portal by visiting our website, listed above.
The system will automatically time out after :45 min - PLEASE have the following items ready before starting registration:
1. Child’s immunization records
2. Emergency Contact information including place of employment contact information
3. Forms of payment you will be using, added to your Daxko membership screen
Registration will need to be completed for each child enrolling.
Terri Florek - Program Director
Totwatch is open to our members! The child/children who will be in the totwatch are must be a Y member ages infant to 7 years of age. (Check out our "Greater Marinette Menominee YMCA" app for hours and updates)
· All staff and members will be screened for their temperature as they enter the Y facilities.
· Children will wash their hands with soap and water upon entry and as needed during their time at the Y. Hand disinfectant will also be available as needed.
· The staff will disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects. A cleaning checklist will be followed by our staff to ensure thorough sanitizing of suWe’pplies and spaces.
· Our Y staff will have to wear a cloth face covering or mask while working with children in Totwatch. We are smiling under there and excited to play with your child(ren)!
· Children ages 4 and older will be required to wear a face covering. Children ages 2-3 are encouraged to wear a face covering. Infants or children under the age of 2 do not need to wear a facemask.
· As in the past, if your child is demonstrating any signs of cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms please keep them home until they are symptom free for at least 72 hours without the use of medication.
· If a child begins showing any symptoms that are consistent with cold, flu or COVID-19, the child will be isolated from the rest of the group and the parent/guardian will be contacted to pick the child up from Totwatch.
· Children are social and physical beings and we understand that they may not have those developmental or cognitive skills to be able to maintain 6’ of physical distance from one another. Kids are kids! We will use positive reinforcement strategies to build awareness of maintaining appropriate “personal bubbles” as well keeping hands and bodies from touching others.
· If your child needs a bottle or sippy cup, please have it clearly labeled for used by Totwatch staff. Bottles and cups will remain stowed away and will be returned to the diaper bag following use.
· We will be maintaining small group sizes in totwatch. Group sizes will be no more than 10 at any given time in the same space. Additional areas and staff may be needed to maintain these group sizes.
· At this time, families are asked to utilize totwatch for 90min maximum, 1 time per day.
· Families will be asked to maintain physical distance by having only 1 household present in the check-in/check-out space at a time.
· The check-in process will be “touchless” with staff checking families in an out of Totwatch.
While you workout, your children are learning how to be their best selves. In our Tot-Watch playroom, babies develop trust and security, preschoolers experience early literacy and learn about their world and school-age kids make friends, learn new skills and can do their homework.
HOURS EFFECTIVE JAN 1st 2021:
*totwatch will close 30 min early if families are not using
M - F: 8a -10:30a
M & TH: 4p - 6p
SAT: 7a - 10a
Please see the totwatch reopening procedures above.