The use of cell phones and other devices with photo and video capabilities are strictly prohibited in the locker room, showers, saunas, and bathroom areas.
The actions listed below are also among those considered inappropriate within our facilities and during our programs:
The possession or carrying of any deadly or offensive weapon by any person is prohibited in any YMCA building, property, owned, leased or used. Entry on YMCA property in violation of this prohibition is expressly forbidden and will result in the individual being directed to remove the weapon immediately from YMCA property. Failure to comply will result in a revocation of YMCA privileges both immediate and future.
Deadly or offensive weapons are defined as any device whose design and/or implementation may produce death or serious bodily injury. For purposes of this policy, deadly and offensive weapons include, but are not limited to, firearms and offensive weapons as defined below:
Offensive weapons: Offensive weapons include any devices so defined under the Pennsylvania Crimes Code entitled ‘Prohibitive Offensive Weapons” 1 8 Pa.C.S.A. 908(c).
Firearm: A firearm is any weapon which is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon.
Certified and sworn municipal, state or federal police officers who carry proper identification and are on duty are exempt from this policy.
NOW ACCEPTING GUEST PASSES FOR FAMILIES AND DAY PASSES FOR Teens (16-18)
We encourage you to share the Y with your friends by bringing them with you. Below are some things you want to know about guest visits to our Y.
• One guest per unit
• Unit bringing guest must be 19+ years of age
• ALL guests must be accompanied by their member at all times.
• 1 specific guest may use the facility 5 times per year. After the 5 visits are used, the guest must purchase other options to use the facility.
• Members may only bring 1 guest at a time
• All guests are expected to abide by all Y-policies.
• Guests are limited to general use of the facility.
• Ages 11- 13 may use the Lifestyle Center after a training session with a Y staff
• Child Watch is for Members Only.
Proper Identification for Guests
Upon entering our facilities, any visitor 18 and older, will be required to present a valid government issued ID. Acceptable forms of identification include:
o State Driver’s license/State Photo ID card or Resident Alien ID card
o Military ID
o Passport ID card
o Mexican Consulate card
All guests will be screened through the Nationwide and Watchdog screening system. The Nationwide and Watchdog systems identified registered sexual offenders.
REGISTERING FOR PROGRAMS/FITNESS – Must be paid in full. Program registration closes 2 weeks after first start day. Fitness is always open to join in and paid classes are available for registration as long as space allows.
FITNESS DROP IN - Drop-ins are available for unregistered participants 1 hour prior to class start and are based on space and/or equipment availability. Payment must be received at time of drop in. If you are unable to participate in class (meaning class was full), you will receive a refund for the drop in card if you paid. Or you would try another class in the future for your first time then. Minimum of 6 participants to hold a class. Registered classes can be held with less than 6 participants. Classes may be cancelled or changed please call for most current. 906.863.9983. General Public drop in's are not an option at this time. Visit our fitness page for rates and more information.
MAKE-UP FITNESS CLASSES - are available, but guidelines must be followed, please ask your instructor for more information.
MAKE-UP PROGRAM CLASSES - Are not offered
WEATHER CANCELLATIONS – Program cancellations due to weather are not subject to a refund.
*The Y reserves the right to reschedule or combine classes
Lifestyle Center & Free Weight Room
• Everyone, members and general public, who are 13 and older are eligible to use the Lifestyle Center and free weight room. Ages 11-13 are required to participate in free orientation. Misuse of equipment could result in loss of privileges and injury.
• Daily wear shoes are not permitted on the cardio machines, or in the Y Outback. Please bring additional indoor shoes.
• Anyone 12 and older are welcome to participate in all aerobic fitness classes
• Pool Capacity is currently 30 patrons at a time
• Lifeguard’s questioning a swimmers skill will administer the M&M Y Swim test
• If a swimmer is unable to pass the swim test for the lifeguard on duty, the swimmer must stay in the shallow end of the pool
• Children with flotation belts require ACTIVE ADULT supervision. Active supervision means the adult must be in the water within arms reach at all times (1 adult per 2 children ratio) in the shallow end of the pool. No exceptions apply.
• Any child unable to swim independently, even without a belt, must stay in the shallow end.
• General Public may attend a group water exercise classes with corresponding class fee’s that can be found at our welcome desk.
• Children 12 and under may attend aquatics fitness classes with an adult.
• Children 12 and up may attend class on their own
The Greater Marinette- Menominee YMCA is an authorized SilverSneakers participating facility since 2007. Available through select health plans. Please contact Heidi 906.863.9983 or Heidi@mmymca.org for more information.
All Greater Marinette- Menominee YMCA employees and volunteers are mandated reporters. Mandated reporters are legally required to report suspected abuse in our facility, programs, etc.
All employees and volunteers are trained in our procedures, and refreshed frequently.
READ OUR STAFF POLICIES AND CODE OF CONDUCT BELOW
• Youth ages 12 and older are allowed to use the courts, by drop in or reservation with a day pass or membership
• The Y reserves the right to give first priority to adults during our busy racquetball times/ season
• Equipment is available for use, for free, see our welcome desk
The Greater Marinette Menominee YMCA is a proud member of the nationwide program! This means with your membership at our Y, you can use your membership for free at any participating Y in the United States and Puerto Rico!
Go to www.ymca.net and search “Find your Y"
MULTI-MEDIA APPROVAL - Y programs and events are often photographed and videotaped for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to be included in Y promotional material, please indicate this to the Y event and/or program staff.
CELL PHONES – The use of cell phones and other electronic devices are prohibited in all locker rooms and restrooms. Please limit use in LSC, and Free Weight Room.
BOYS AND GIRLS LOCKER ROOMS- Children age 4 and under can use either gender locker room with an adult. Youth older than 4 who need assistance of the opposite gender parents/ guardian should use the all gender changing room and enter the pool from the lobby.
ADULT LOCKER ROOMS- Adult Locker Rooms are for adults ages 18+ who have purchased a membership. Adults may not bring members under 18 into the locker rooms, sauna, steam room, or hot tub.
LOCKERS– Lockers are available for free daily usage. Overnight usage need to accompany our monthly rental. Please remember to bring a lock, so your valuables will be safe while you enjoy our facility.
ACCIDENT AND VALUABLES POLICY- The Y is not responsible for any accidents. All individuals participate at their own risk.
- The Y is not responsible for lost,stolen, or damaged personal property. Please secure all belongings.
CANCELING MEMBERSHIP – You need to physically come into our facility to cancel your membership. There is no fee to cancel at anytime.
Join us in celebrating Forgotten Fire Winery's 10th Anniversary by stopping at our food booth at the event! All proceeds go right back into YOUR community though our annual campaign!